Sunday, February 22, 2015

Mixed Media Altered Dresser and Artist Spotlight

Hi

Today is my turn to take on the spotlight at Anything but a card challenge blog. Apart from talking about myself ,I have put a up a mini challenge of sorts out for the readers. Do check it out and maybe you would want to play too. Here is my inspiration project



My challenge has to do with my current fascination with black and metallic colours. I think Black is the perfect base for metallic colours and accents to shine through and I wanted to play with that.

I used modelling paste and some stencils for the texture. Everything was covered with black acrylic paint first. For this project I tried something new to me. I used Decoart's Antiquing mediums for highlighting the texture. These are awesome and perfect to give a vintage-y aged ,patina look. However, I needed some more colour, so I busted out my Silks acrylic glaze and dabbed them randomly.


Even after that, I was not very happy since I wanted the textures to stand out more. So I finally decided to use my newest buy i.e. Viva Décor Inka Gold. How fantastic it is! I am so happy that I finally broke down and bought it. I have been making do with acrylic paints for metallic accents but this paste is something else.



That's all for now. Hope you visit us at ABAC blog and participate in my challenge. I will be thrilled to see you there.

Cheers
Pallavi


submitting for Mixed Media Place Creative Gym Exercise #5

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting.Your comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...