Sunday, October 12, 2014

Anything But A Card Oct Challenge #40 - Autumn Magic /Spring Wonder

Hello,

Today's quick post is to share my DT project for Anything But A Card Challenge #40.This time we want you to play with the theme Autumn Magic/Spring Wonder. You are welcome to submit for either season or better yet combine both. For some fabulous takes on the theme, do check out the blog.

For my project I stuck to the Autumn theme and attempted to create a mixed media painting of sorts.


I started with laying down a thick coat of gesso and scratching and texturizing it before it dried. For the tree line I used a mixture of some sprays and acrylic paints in shades of red ,orange and a little bit of brown. To highlight the texture, I added some Prima Clear Crackle on top. Once it dried, I used a wash of Burnt umber Acrylic paint and rubbed the excess off.

As an Additional step, I added some gold mica flakes with matt medium to showcase the gold tones of Autumn.


The Quote is by Emily Bronte and I just printed it out on my printer and glazed it with Yellow and orange watercolours and outlined with black waterproof ink.

For my trees, I used a script washi tape. I did a wash with white acrylic paint over that to tone it down a little bit. The foliage is done by sponging some acrylic paints with a dish washing sponge.I also stamped some text over it with Sepia Archival ink.



Hope you like the project.

See you soon!

Pals




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting.Your comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...