Tuesday, August 13, 2013

After the Internet, my Mojo is back too !

Hello

Yes, I have been low on Mojo for a long long time. You see, I have been cheating. The projects that I have been showing for the last month or so are all projects that were done in June and that too because I had a deadline hanging over my head. Since then, I have not created anything new and hardly done anything except maybe my DT work and some cards for a swap. Oh, I have a lot of things which are WIP but they are actually WSDL ( Work stalled due to laziness) status in reality.lol


Anyhow, I recently realized that I don't participate in many challenges and decided to rectify the situation. I tried making a mixed media canvas for a challenge. The requirement is to use blue, green and purple as your main colours and here is what I made


Okay, I know I am talking too much, but I have to tell you that my original idea was not to make a clock. I had finished the background and had no clue what to do next. I have a huge Crafter's workshop Clock stencil which I have hardly ever used and I just randomly decided to use it. I was going to use just a portion of it, but I forgot my original plan and placed the design in the centre and so the clock was born. Can you tell what is wrong with the design?

I used Lindy's for the blues, Ranger's Colorwash for the purple and greens, a few different background stamps and of course my stencils and modelling paste. You can't see the shimmer in the pictures,  but its gloriously shimmery. Here are some close-ups




Okay, so I asked you if you can figure out what is wrong with this canvas. There's not one but two things. The first one is  that the clock is crooked and the second thing is my Spanish is all wrong. It should say Un momento and not Un momente! I can't stop laughing right now. Hope you got a laugh out of this too.

See you soon with more projects, hopefully.

Submitting for AMMCC 5

Color Conceptions challenge #3 - Nail it down with textures

Cheers
Pallavi
 

16 comments:

  1. Loving the multi textures u have created here Pallavi..............the Spanish nor the crooked clock matter!!!! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for joining us at Color Conception Challenge, all the best.

      Delete
  2. It is such a delight to read your posts Pallavi. I noticed the crooked clock but Spanish is not my thing!!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts School Projects

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting your blog after a longggg time , WSDL made me laugh , a spontaneous terrific write up ,and the clock is not crooked at all its seriously like made in heaven types !!! loved it immensely and totally ! i love the shine n shimmer just have 3 of these , wish i could come see your work in person lets meet someday , so much to learn from you :)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I'd tell you that day itself that the whole thing looked just perfect, but I was sure you'd kill me! :p Now let me tell you that the whole thing, the colours, design and the clock which accidentally happened are all fantastic...Yes, I did notice the crooked clock but I didn't know Spanish, so I thought 'Un Momente' sounded beautiful! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh..So many wonderful textures and patterns I loved the color combo also.Hey pallavi its fun to read your post..add me to the gang of WIDL :D !!I guessed the crooked clock..but the other..no I didn't spot it..!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh !!reading through your post I just had the best laugh of my day ..So thanks for tickling my funny bone today :) ..And your work is just gorgeous Pallavi..You know the crooked clock and the misspelled spanish word all add to the charm of your project ..like they say ..you can never go wrong in art ..( don't know if I am telling this rite ..lol ) but that's exactly how I feel ...so there :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful project! Love all the texture! Thanks for joining along with A Mixed Media Color Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought the clock was crooked on purpose! It's Mixed Media, you know! LOVE all of the texture in your BG - FABULOUS! The clock was a brilliant idea! THX for playing with us at A Mixed Media Color Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I love all the texture

    ReplyDelete
  10. :) What Sue said! Crooked is how we roll with mixed media! This is an amazing project! Fabulous color and texture!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this clock! what a great use for a mixed media project - a piece of art and you can tell what time it is! we just have to remember high noon is slightly east!!! that just makes if fun and quirky!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so perfect Pallavi..I love the texture, colors and everything...I see no flaws in it..clock n spanish word are definitely adding charm to the project, I agree with Hussena..You rock Pallavi with this creation..thanks for joining us this time at Color Conception Challenge..All the Best !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The small bits of textures throughout your project is by far amazing .....awesome idea and never by the laws coz every flaw in art and craft is also artistic for a viewer...hehehhe ...thanks for joining us at CCC#3-nail it down with textures

    ReplyDelete

  14. Seen on fb...really loved the every inch of it.
    For me ART is what comes from heart...and that i can see in ur output.Nothing wrong or nothing right i must say.
    Thanks for joining us at Color Concetion Challenge #3.
    All the very best.:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The best of your works so far.. Absolutely fab!! stunning!! Thanks for joining us at Color Conception Challenge, all the best.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting.Your comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...